Evil dad who shook newborn baby son to death to be released from prison early

A DAD who shook his crying 27-day-old baby son to death is being released from jail after just four years.

Liam Laverick was caged for eight years after killing little Tommy-Lee Laverick-Whitworth in September 2014.

The newborn child suffered a “catastrophic brain injury” in the attack and died two days later in hospital.

Twisted Laverick, of Hull, East Yorks, was convicted of manslaughter in November 2015.

But is he now due to be freed within days after serving just half of his sentence, the Hull Daily Mail reports.

Tommy-Lee’s mum Kelly Whitworth, 26, slammed the decision to release “monster” Laverick.

Speaking in April, Kelly said: “I feel I’ll have to look over my shoulders again. I just want people to be aware they are letting a monster out, especially women.

“They said it’s an immediate release; they are not even tagging him.”

During Laverick’s trial, the jury saw chilling CCTV footage of the depraved dad bringing “limp and lifeless” Tommy-Lee to Miss Whitworth’s home and then to hospital.

Jurors were shown the moment the mum found out her son was badly hurt when Laverick arrived at her home.

The footage then showed Laverick “lingering” 41 seconds behind Miss Whitworth as he pushed the baby’s pram.

Tommy-Lee suffered “terrible head injuries” from the shaking Laverick inflicted on him.

He was transferred to Leeds General Infirmary and put on a life support machine, but died on September 25, 2014.

A jury unanimously convicted Laverick of manslaughter, with Miss Whitworth storming out of the court.

Speaking after Laverick’s conviction, Detective Chief Inspector Phil Gadd, of Humberside Police, said: “Tommy-Lee was a defenceless baby who was less than a month old when he tragically died.

“He had his life cruelly taken away from him and justice has today been done for him.

Today’s result is testament to the hard work of the dedicated team who investigated this terrible tragedy and I am pleased that Liam Laverick is now being held to account for his crime.”

Cops said they are continuing to “provide necessary safeguarding measures” to support Miss Whitworth after Laverick is released.

The Ministry of Justice said it was unable to comment on Laverick’s release.